Easy Blog Jr – Day 2

easyblogjrMy students and I have been using the app, Easy Blog Jr, for two days now and I must say we “absolutely love it!”

At the moment I have everything, i.e. all student profiles, set up on my iPad. Throughout the day, my students take photos, voice record a caption, review their recording, then publish their post to our class blog when they are happy with it. They are in control of the whole process. To them, publishing a post is very similar to creating a one picture project in Adobe Voice.

I have been amazed to see that with little instruction, my students’ posts are moving from a simple description about what they are doing towards what they are learning. This is exactly what I was hoping for. It is clear to me that this app has great potential in being a fantastic reflection tool. I can’t wait to see how my students’ reflections improve over the term.

categoriesI was sharing the app and my class blog with my pre-service teacher today. She asked if it was possible, once students had posted multiple times, for parents to easily access just their child’s posts, rather than scroll through everyone’s – Great question! This got me thinking of an easy way to “filter” the posts. When setting up each student profile, there is an option to add a category. I have decided to add each student’s name as a category. This will mean that as soon as students publish their post, it will be categorised under their name. Parents will then be able to click on their child’s name under the ‘categories‘ heading down the right hand side of our blog… So, problem solved! 🙂

I can’t wait to explore this app some more with my class over the coming weeks to share what we think, discover and solve 🙂