I am always amazed at how time flies. I tell myself that I will be able to post weekly, or even fortnightly, yet, due to the demands of my job… and the down time I need to recover and re-energise… I am seeing a pattern where my good intentions just aren’t happening.
This year looks to be the same. I cannot believe we are in March already… and the end of term 1 is nearing!
To give you some background information, this is what my role involves:
- I am a grade 2 classroom teacher and the grade 2 team leader.
- I lead 8 staff and approximately 110 students.
- I am my school’s eLearning leader and I assist my school’s Assistant Principal with the direction of eLearning within my school.
- I am a Digital Learning Leader (coach). I am released an extra 3 hours a week to coach staff with integrating iPads in their learning and teaching program.
- I support the other Digital Learning Leaders in my school with how to coach, as up until now, I’ve been the only one in a formal ICT peer coaching role.
Add to this the conference presentations and consultancy work I do external to my primary position. This makes it clear for you to see that I am quite time poor. In saying this, though, I do need to make a change… a change for me… a change where I can stop to smell the roses, whilst still pursuing my passions.
So, for me, it is clear that I need to write down my goals and share them with the world. I believe this will make me more accountable towards achieving what I want and need to do…
Here goes… This year, I will:
- post to my blog at least once a fortnight
- continue to explore STEAM and introduce new approaches with my class
- continue to explore coding and provide my students with opportunities to expand their skills
- reconnect with my passion for robotics and provide my students with opportunities to create simple robots
- continue to run my KidzTek program and share the successes and challenges my students and I face
- ensure I have some down time so my work/life balance is not so one-sided.
I look forward to sticking to my goals and sharing my journey with you. Please feel free to comment and ask questions along the way 🙂