This year I decided to go down the path of setting up a Google site for my class web site (https://sites.google.com/site/6michelle2013/), rather than a wikispace. I’ve been using wikispaces for the past 4+ years, but last year the layout changed when viewing wikispaces on iPads, which lead to some confusion amongst my students.
I’ve adapted well to using Google sites; it isn’t much different to wikispaces. I must admit it is a lot easier than html coding… the way I used to create web sites in the mid to late 1990s… Oh, the memories! 😉 I loved the programming side of things back then, though, as I majored in programming in my Post Grad… and I do often resort to coding when I want to tweak a few things on a web page, i.e. height and width of images or embedded objects.
This year, I’ve decided to use more Google apps and features with my class. In the past, I’ve embedded Google calendars and forms in web pages, and linked to Google docs, but seeing I’m using Google sites, I think it is fine to say that it is now Google all the way! 🙂
Google apps and features have also flowed through to my team. Last year, my team and I began to use Google docs for planning. This year, I have set up Google templates for all of our planners and term overviews. This allows everyone to access and collaborate on all documents with ease… anywhere, anytime 🙂